GAL blanket.

Lattes and Llamas have published some lovely double-sided geek-a-long (GAL) square patterns. Ideally Cascade 220 wool should be used but any similar 4 ply wool is fine.  The majority of my wools were from Cygnet DK wool from my local charity shops (this way I could think of it like money to charity and not spending huge amounts of money on wool!).
I have done about 30 of the 2014 squares which was the first set of GAL patterns they published. 

Here is a selection of some of my favourite GAL squares I have done:

1 - Mario Mushroom


week 21 Mario (4)
Although this isn't my photo (above), my square looked exactly the same as it.  



The colours used in these squares work best with high contrast colours and especially well if you manage to get the colours which are traditional to logos or film.  My photos are seen opposite the text.


 I have only recently got into gaming and my gaming skills are limited - mostly mario kart, wii sports and the lego starwars or Harry Potter.  I now have much more time to enjoy these games in my free time, as well as knitting.




2 - Narnia


As a child I loved the Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe stories by C.S. Lewis.  The place where fantasy and reality overlapped for the Pevensie children sparked my imagination.




 









3 - Hufflepuff

Hufflepuff, in my opinion is the best Hogwart's house.  As well as the many well- known characters who were or are Hufflepuffs, their sigil is a badger and the founder was female.  But if you are in doubt of your true house, there are several quizzes you can take to find your true self:
- The Almighty Guru
- Buzzfeed
- Playbuzz







4 - Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
http://i2.wp.com/lattesandllamas.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/week-39-hitchhikers-guide-to-the-galaxy-1.jpg?resize=1024%2C470
This series has been on my to read list for a long time now, but I do love the film.  It looks like I might be able to read these books after I finish re-reading the Harry Potter books in the summer holidays.

The two most important pieces of advice of course are:
 - Don't panic
 - Remember your towel




5 - Batman



http://i2.wp.com/lattesandllamas.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/dscn2227.jpg?resize=1024%2C907Of course Batman has to be on here, I love anything vaguely superhero-y (if that's a word).  Unfortunately, I haven't had time to make a Guardian's of the Galaxy square but that has been my favourite film for a while now.  Hopefully, the second film is coming out this year (2016).










There are also some great other superhero squares that have been released:
- Superman
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
- Wonder Woman
- Marvel Agents of Shield







6 - T.A.R.D.I.S and Dr. Who
Dr Who is definitely in my top list of fandoms (Star Wars, superheroes, Star Wars, Harry Potter and Dr Who).  Obviously it's got to be David Tennant who's my favourite incarnation of the Doctor, followed by Peter Capaldi. 

Week 17 Dr Who (1)http://images.radiotimes.com/namedimage/David_Tennant_s_top_ten_funniest_Doctor_Who_moments.jpg?quality=85&mode=crop&width=620&height=374&404=tv&url=/uploads/images/original/76561.jpg



7 - Star Wars
I love the Star Wars universe, but controversially also enjoy some Star Trek as well!  I've seen the films a number of times and saw 'The Force Awakens' a while back, I love the new story line and reading the fan theories about Rey's parentage.  Hopefully for the May 2016 Comic Con in London, I will be going dressed as her.

GAL Star Wars Jedi symbol

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

About me